IMPORTANT NOTICE Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By accessing this website and any of its pages you are agreeing to the terms mentioned below. if you do not agree to the terms and conditions mentioned below, do not access this site, or any pages thereof.
By accessing the Bank Muscat Online facility I acknowledge and accept the Terms & Conditions applicable and available on the application form and on the sites hosted by the bank www.bankmuscat.com and www.bankmuscatonline.com
Our business has been built on trust between our customers and ourselves. We have a duty to safeguard and keep confidential any information relating to our customers or their financial affairs. Whether it is provided to us in person at one of our branches, over the phone, when using an ATM or while visiting this site, we will strive at all times to ensure that the information is kept confidential and secure
- We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information our customers share with us.
- Occasionally we may collect personal information from visitors who voluntarily submit personal information to us. We may use such information for sending such visitors details of our banking products or services and other marketing materials which we think may be of interest to such visitors, or invite such visitors to participate in market research and surveys and other similar activities
- We will limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service to our customers, which includes advising our customers about our products, services and other opportunities, and to administer our business.
- We will permit only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to that information. Employees who violate our Privacy Promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
- We will not reveal customer information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreements, have been authorized by the customer, or are required by law.
- We will always maintain control over the confidentiality of our customer information. We may, however, facilitate relevant offers from reputable companies. These companies are not permitted to retain any customer information unless the customer has specifically expressed interest in their products or services.
- In addition, the personal information collected from you may be transferred to, stored, processed or otherwise administered by third party agents, contractors or service providers who provide administrative, telecommunications, computer and other data mining and processing services. However, we will strive at all times to ensure that the information is kept confidential and secure.
- For purposes of credit reporting, verification and risk management, we will exchange information about our customers with reputable reference sources and clearinghouse services.
- We will not use or share - internally or externally - personally identifiable medical information for any purpose other than the underwriting or administration of a customer's policy, claim or account, or as disclosed to the customer when the information is collected, or to which the customer consents.
- We will attempt to keep customer files complete, up-to-date, and accurate. We will tell our customers how and where to conveniently access their account information (except when we're prohibited by law) and how to notify us about errors which we will promptly correct.
We will continuously assess ourselves to ensure that customer privacy is respected. We will conduct our business in a manner that fulfills our Promise in the many nations in which we do business.
Personal Information Collection
In addition to the information you choose to leave when requested by the bank, your visit to this site will record non-Personal (Browser, ISP, OS, Clickstream information) and Profiling Information (age, gender). Such information will be used to prepare aggregate information about the number of visitors to the site and general statistics on usage patterns.
In addition to our duty of confidentiality to customers we observe the following principles:
- collection of personal data from customers shall be for purposes relating to the provision of financial services or related products;
- all practical steps will be taken to ensure that personal data are accurate and will not be kept longer than necessary or will be destroyed in accordance with the internal retention period;
- personal data will not be used for any purposes other than the data that were to be used at the time of collection or purposes directly related thereto
- personal data will be protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing or erasure;
A customer's personal data is classified as confidential and can only be disclosed where legally compelled to do so.
Use of Information and Materials
Products and services referred to in this website are offered only in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered by Bank Muscat (S.A.O.G). The materials on these pages are not intended for use by persons located in or resident in jurisdictions that restrict the distribution of such materials by us. Persons accessing these pages are required to inform themselves about and observe any relevant restrictions.
The information and materials contained in these pages, and the terms, conditions, and descriptions that appear, are subject to change. Unauthorized use of Bank Muscat’s web sites and systems including but not limited to unauthorized entry into Bank Muscat’s systems, misuse of passwords, or misuse of any information posted on a site is strictly prohibited. Not all products and services are available in all geographic areas. Your eligibility for particular products and services is subject to final determination by Bank Muscat (S.A.O.G).
These pages should not be regarded as an offer or solicitation to sell investments or make deposits in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such an invitation or solicitation in such jurisdiction.
The information contained in these pages, whether provided by the Bank or other information provider, is not intended to provide professional advice and should not be relied upon in that regard. Persons accessing these pages are advised to obtain appropriate professional advice when necessary.
QR Code Usage
The application uses QR codes for certain features and functionality. When you use these features, the camera on your device may access and scan the QR code. This information is used solely for the purpose of providing you with the requested service and is not shared with any third parties, except as required by law. We do not retain any images or information obtained through the use of QR codes unless required by law.
Copyright, Trade Marks
The Bank and other parties own the trade marks, logos and service marks displayed on this site and users are prohibited from using the same without written permission of the Bank or such other parties.
No materials on this site may be modified, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted (in any form or by any means), copied, distributed, used for creating derivative works or used in any other way for commercial or public purposes without the Bank's prior written consent.
While every care has been taken in preparing the information and materials contained in this site, such information and materials are provided to you "as is" without warranty of any kind either express or implied. In particular, no warranty regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose or freedom from computer virus is given in conjunction with such information and materials.
The Bank is not responsible for the contents available on or the set-up of any other websites linked to this site. Access to and use of such other websites is at the user's own risk and subject to any terms and conditions applicable to such access/use.
Messages sent over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure. The Bank will not be responsible for any damages incurred by users if they send a message to the Bank, or if the Bank sends a message to them at their request, over the Internet. The Bank is not responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of this website.
Communications over the Internet may be subject to interruption, transmission blackout, delayed transmission due to Internet traffic or incorrect data transmission due to the public nature of the Internet
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event will Bank Muscat be liable for any damages, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this site or any linked site or use thereof or inability to use by any party, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure met or otherwise
Certain sections or pages on this site may contain separate terms and conditions, which are in addition to these terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict, the additional terms and conditions will govern for those sections or pages.
Use of this site shall be governed by all applicable laws of the Sultanate of Oman.
These products and services are offered only in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered by Bank Muscat (S.A.O.G) and the material on these pages is not intended for use by persons located in or resident in jurisdictions which restrict the distribution of this material by us. Persons accessing these pages are required to inform themselves about and observe any relevant restrictions.