Partner of choice for clients seeking innovative and customized funding solutions:
Investment Banking offers integrated funding solutions tailored to client requirements, covering the full spectrum of advisory, structuring and funding solutions. On the funding solutions side it provides equity funding solutions (for example, private placements and public offers of equity and convertible and quasi-equity structured products) and debt funding solutions (such as debt syndications, debt capital markets, subordinated debt, preferred structures in conventional and Shari’a-compliant format).
Investment Banking’s advisory work covers infrastructure advisory, strategic advisory, ratings advisory and mergers and acquisitions advisory (for example, family re-organizations, disposals and joint venture partner search).
Investment banking has the largest advisory platform in Oman and in the region.In the last 5 years, Investment Bankinghas achieved successful closure for transactions valued in excess of U.S.$30 billion across multiple industries and diverse geographies including Oman, GCC and MENA. For a number of its transactions, the division has won prestigious industry awards.
What we deliver to our clients:
- Deep sector knowledge that enables us to achieve client objectives:
- Best position our clients’ equity story to achieve the optimum valuation on their equity offerings
- Best position our clients’ credit profile to achieve competitive tension on their debt offerings
- Demonstrate most in-depth knowledge of potential buyers to maximize sale value for our clients
Senior level attention on transactions:
Senior-level commitment to our clients’ transactions that enables us to:
- Bring the most experience in structuring our clients’ transactions
- Bring the most experience to the advice we give our clients
- Aim to complete the likelihood that transactions are both completed and completed flawlessly
Reach and relationships:
Global, regional and local relationships with investors and banks:
- Strong relationships with over 75 banks and 100 institutional investors active in Oman
- Dedicated placement team with strong relationships and experience inside and outside of Oman
- Largest branch network of over 150 branches in Oman offering an unmatched and widespread reach to retail and high net worth investors
Excellence in execution across all product offerings:
Equity capital markets:
- Largest advisor on capital market issuances in Oman having successfully raised ~80% of total funds raised through IPOs / FPOs
- Acted as the issue manager on the top five largest capital market issuances by Omani issuers to date with deal sizes in excess of US$500mn
Debt capital markets:
- Unmatched transactional experience of working across products such as structured and syndicated loans, project finance, debt capital market transactions, Export Credit Agencies (ECA) backed financing etc.
- Key debt capital market transactions completed for the Government and GREs of Oman through 2015 to current include:
- USD 500mn EMTN issuance by bank muscat each in 2018 and 2016
- Inaugural Reg S/144a sukuk issuance of USD 500 mn by Mazoon Electricity in 2017
- Repeat Reg S/144a issuance of USD 500 mn by OETC in 2017
- USD 5 billion multi-tranche Reg S/144a by Government of Oman in 2017
- Inaugural Reg S/144a issuance of USD 1000 mn by Oman Electricity Transmission (OETC) in 2015
- Debut OMR denominated Sovereign sukuk of OMR 250 mn by the Government of Oman in 2015