Dear Corporate Customer,
First and foremost, we would like to thank you for your banking with us. It is our pleasure to provide our services, meet all your banking requirements and add value to your business. Adhering to Regulatory instructions, all private sector employers in Oman are required to register in the Wages Protection System (WPS) and disburse wages/salaries to their employees through a new file structure specified under WPS
Kindly note that the bank will only accept Salary/bulk payment transactions if provided in one of the below formats.
(A) WPS Registration:
- In order to facilitate WPS registration, corporate customers are required to fill the registration form and provide CR documents or membership card.
- The form must be submitted to the branch / Salary reception desk at the Head office.
- On receipt of all documents, the Bank would register the employer in the WPS system.
(B) WPS file format:
The registered companies must submit their wages/salary & related payments instructions in one of the three formats below:
- Up to 102 records only
- Barcode generated
- Company should provide the hard copy to the branch/Head Office, signed and stamped by authorised signatories
- User guide for WPS PDF
|Bank Muscat Password protected file
- For more than 100 employees
- SIF File Generated & Password protected (once the file is generated nobody can amend it and it would be decrypted in the bank systems only).
- Company should provide a salary request letter to the branch/head office, signed and stamped by authorised signatories, followed by soft copy by email to salary department or the branch wherever the request has been submitted.
- User guide for WPS protected excel
- Protected Excel
- The WPS registration form is a one-time registration to be submitted 5 days before the salary file is presented for processing, along with all required documents ( mentioned in the form)
- Following WPS registration, the old format will NOT be acceptable. Therefore, we request you to ensure that all necessary arrangements are made before your company’s scheduled salary disbursement date to avoid any delays.
- For any information, kindly do not hesitate to contact Corporate Solutions Unit at 24801180 / 24801255 or email
- Future charges would apply for salaries processed by Branches/Head Office, hence we urge you to avail internet banking facilities to transfer your salaries/payments.
Transferring Salaries through Internet Banking
For ease of salary transfers, corporate customers can now apply for corporate online banking access to transfer salaries in a secure and convenient manner.
The salary transfer option can be completed in two simple steps:
- Upload by Initiator
- Approve by Authorizer
Update on the status of payment on Internet banking helps customers to complete the Salary Transfer process without visiting the Bank branches.
For more information on how to apply for online banking and other services, please access the below link:
bank muscat Online Banking services
Click here to watch how to WPS salary payment for corporate customers
If you require more information on transferring salaries through internet banking, you may contact the following by email:
- For Corporate & Wholesale Banking customers:
- For Retail enterprise & Najahi customers: